Twitter is a popular microblogging platform for users to express their thoughts and ideas. Here you’ll find tweets containing a variety of media, including photos, videos, and GIFs.
You can save images to your device from the Twitter app for iPhone, but Twitter doesn’t support downloading videos directly. There are several ways you can download videos from iPhone.
If you’ve recently watched a video on Twitter that you want to save for later viewing, I’ll explain some of the best ways to download Twitter videos to iPhone.
3 Easiest ways to download Twitter videos on iPhone
Since there is no way to directly download Twitter videos from iPhone, you have to rely on external resources to do so. Follow the below steps to download videos directly from Twitter on iPhone without installing third-party apps.
Method 1: Download Twitter Videos on iPhone With Shortcuts
You can use the shortcut to download Twitter videos directly from the share sheet on your iPhone. It is ad-free and no link copying is required.
To begin this procedure, download the TVDL shortcut to your iPhone by visiting this link and clicking the Get Shortcut option on the webpage that opens.
When you click that, you’ll see the TVDL shortcut appear inside the Shortcuts app.
You can install this shortcut on your iPhone by clicking the Add Shortcut button below.
You will now see the TVDL shortcut inside the Shortcuts tab on the Shortcuts app. This means the option to download Twitter videos is now added to your iOS share sheet.
Open the tweet containing the video you want to save to your iPhone. Then Click the Share button and select share via from the share menu option.
This should open the iOS share sheet on your screen. Tap on the TVDL v3.1 from the Share Sheet menu.
Since you are running it for the first time, you will be asked to allow the shortcut to send videos to the TVDL app. Hit Always Allow.
Finally, select an option between High, Medium and Low to download the video of your choice.
TVDL should have downloaded your video on your iPhone library. To access the video inside the photos app go to Albums > Recents and the video should show on the screen.
Method 2: Download Twitter Videos on iPhone With a Video Download Service
There are many websites from where you can easily download videos. TWSaver, Twitter Video Downloader, SSSTwitter, and SaveTweetVid are some popular websites you can use to download videos from Twitter.
You can use any of them to download videos, first copy the link of the video you want to save on your iPhone. Go to one of the above websites in a web browser and paste the video link, and the website will download the video. Follow these steps:
To download a Twitter video, you need to launch the Twitter app on iOS and tap the share icon below the video you want to download. Then click on copy link to copy.
Now, open your browser on your iPhone and go to twittervideodownloader.com. Enter the copied URL of the video into the search box and hit the Download button.
The Twitter video you wanted to download should load for the next page.
You can get the option to choose the format or video quality you want to download the video. Select the appropriate option and find the video saved in your photo library.
Lastly, you will be transferred to a new tab. Click the three vertical dots and choose “Download”.
Method 3: Download a Twitter Video on iPhone Using the AnySave App
AnySave is an iOS app that allows you to download videos from other social media websites including Twitter. If you want an easy way to download videos from your iPhone, you can use the AnySave app.
Follow these steps to download any video from Twitter using AnySave app on iPhone:
1. Download AnySave from the iOS App Store.
2. Tap the share icon of the video you want to download from Twitter > Copy link or copy the link in the tweet.
3. Open AnySave, it will automatically paste the Twitter video link from your iPhone’s clipboard. If it doesn’t, paste the link manually.
4. Hit the Save Button.
5. Since you’re the first to AnySave, you’ll be asked for permission to access the Photos app.
6. After giving permission, AnySave will download and save Twitter videos to your Photos app.
How to Download Twitter Videos on iPhone – Video Guide
How to download Twitter videos on Android
You can download Twitter videos on Android using the same web-based method as on iPhone. Alternatively, you can easily download it by installing a third-party application from the Google Play Store. To get started, follow the steps below:
1. Install Download Twitter Videos App from the Play Store.
2. Open Twitter and visit the video Tweet you want to download.
3. Then tap the Share icon > Share Tweet via… > Choose Download Twitter.
4. Now you will be taken to new page, where you choose video quality and click on download button.
5. The download will begin immediately. You can check the file in your Photo Gallery.
FAQs About Downloading Twitter Videos on iPhone
What is the best app to download Twitter videos to iPhone?
There are several ways to download Twitter videos on iPhone, the easiest way is to use the Download Twitter Videos app. Using this app you can download videos from other social media websites apart from Twitter.
How do I download Twitter videos on Chrome?
If you want to download Twitter videos to iPhone using the Chrome browser, you can do so using any of these Twitter video downloading services: TWSaver, Twitter Video Downloader, SSSTwitter, SaveTweetVid.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Go to the tweet of the video you want to download and copy the URL.
2. Now go to your iPhone’s Chrome browser and click on any Twitter video downloader link listed above.
3. Once the downloader page opens, paste the copied link and hit the download button.
Now you will see the options to select the quality of the video file.
4. Choose one accordingly to download the video in desired format and quality.