If you have bought a new iPhone, are you looking for a perfect way to transfer data from an Android phone to iPhone? If yes, then read this article carefully. Here we will show you how to transfer important files including your contact information from Android phone to an iPhone. Transferring contacts from Android to iPhone can be done in several ways including those listed below.
How to transfer Your contacts from Android to iPhone
Below we have listed three easy methods to transfer your contacts from Android to iOS, follow them.
1. Transfer contacts via ‘Move to iOS’
The first method is Apple’s own ‘Move to iOS’ app. You can download it from Google Play Store. But you can easily use it to transfer contacts, messages, photos, videos, bookmarks, email accounts and calendars directly to any iOS device.
How to use Move to iOS to transfer your contacts to Android:
1. Download and Install the Move to iOS app on your Android device.
2. Launch the app and follow the Instructions.
3. Once ‘Move to iOS’ is installed, accept all terms and conditions, and also allow the application to access your Android phone’s location.
4. You will then be asked to find your code. Tap on continue button for that. Enter the six or digit code from the iPhone into the Android and let the process run.
5. All your content will be transferred, and your iPhone will even download free apps to your Android device, if they’re available. It can take as long as 30 minutes.
2. Transfer contacts via Google sync
Both Android and iOS devices are supported by Google and thus you can share Android contacts on your iPhone using the same Google account. Here’s how it’s done:
How to turn on Google sync for contacts on Android:
1. On your Android device, tap to open Settings app.
2. Go into Users & accounts.
3. Tap on your Google account.
4. After clicking on the mail show Account and sync.
5. Make sure Contacts are checked on.
6. Let your contacts sync.
How to transfer Android contacts to iOS using Google sync:
1. Open the Setting App on your iPhone.
2. Then go to Contacts and select Accounts.
3. Pick your Gmail account or add it.
4. Make sure the Contacts checker is on.
5. Your contacts will now appear on your phone.
3. Transfer contacts from Android to iPhone manually using a VCF file
It is a great option to transfer your contacts from Android device to iOS device. If you don’t want to follow the above two steps then you can create a VCF file, transfer this file to your iPhone and get all the contact information. Follow the steps below to transfer all contact information through this process:
1. On your Android phone, open the Contacts app.
2. Hit the Three-dot-menu button on the top-right corner.
3. Then Tap on Select all then click on the Share button.
4. You can now choose how to share the file with your iPhone. If you want to send via email, hit Gmail and send the file yourself.
5. On your iPhone, open the email or extract the file from where you saved it.
6. Tap on the file and select the share button.
7. Select the Contacts app then Add All Contacts.
4. Transfer contacts from Android to iPhone manually With a SIM Card
You can transfer your Android phone SIM card to iOS phone to copy your contacts. This requires swapping the SIM cards in your phone.
1. First Back up contacts information from your Android phone to the SIM card.
2. Then remove the SIM card from your Android phone.
3. Insert the SIM card into your iPhone.
4. On your iPhone, open the Settings app.
5. Go into Contacts, then select the option to Import SIM Contacts.
5. Transfer contacts from Android to iPhone with iTunes
Another alternative way to share contacts between Android and iPhone devices is to use iTunes. The process is a bit more complicated than the above method but still effective.
1. Connect Android phone to PC and sync contacts to Windows Address Book or Outlook Express.
2. Connect iPhone to computer and run iTunes, click the iPhone icon and then choose Info from the left column.
3. Now choose Sync Contacts with Windows Contacts or Outlook and click All Contact.
4. Click Apply button on the bottom right corner to transfer all Android contacts to iPhone successfully.
6. Transfer Contacts to iPhone With Third-Party Apps
There are third-party apps available to ease the process of transferring your contacts to an iPhone Here are some good ones:
Download Copy My Data For Android
How to Transfer Your Contacts from Android to iPhone – Video Guide
How do I transfer contacts from Android to iPhone?
To transfer contacts from an Android to an iPhone, go to Settings > Account and enable Sync Contacts on your Android. On iPhone, go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts and select your Gmail account. Move the Contacts slider to the On, and the contacts you added to your Google account will sync to the iPhone.
How do I transfer contacts from iPhone to Android?
To transfer contacts from iPhone to Android use iCloud. On the iPhone, go to Settings > your name > iCloud and turn on Contacts. On your Android, select and download a third-party app like Sync for iCloud Contacts.
What is the easiest way to transfer contacts from Android to iOS?
Although the Move to iOS app is the easiest method to transfer contacts from Android to iOS. Even easier is to use Google Sync. Chances are you’re already syncing your contacts to Google, so all you need to do is sign in to your Google account on your iPhone.